Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are more than happy to talk to you.
08 8945 7686
Groote Island features some of the most exciting fishing grounds in the country. Surrounding the lodge is 300km2 of prime, virtually unfished water, catering for every angling experience. No commercial fishing operators and few recreational anglers mean fish stocks are incredibly healthy.
Diverse marine habitats — tidal coastal creeks, mangrove-lined estuaries, coral reefs, sandy islands and kms of coastline—mean anglers can taste the Top End’s world-renowned fishing experiences in one spot in a few days.
You will not only be blown a way by the fishing on offer but the location and scenery is just simply jaw dropping.
Groote Eylandt lies 650km east of Darwin (90 minute flight) and 50km off the eastern coast of Arnhem Land.
It is the fourth largest island in Australia and its archipelago encompasses 40 smaller islands. Its environment is unique, with pristine beaches, spring water swimming holes, woodland, rainforest and sand dunes.
The Warnindilyakwa people are the traditional owners of the Groote Eylandt archipelago region and are referred to by their language name, ‘Anindilyakwa’.
• Waterfront bungalows
• 25 hectares of water frontage with beachside function deck
• Resort style swimming pool with timber decking
• Seagrass Restaurant & Bar with open sunset dining area
• Two versatile function rooms
• Day spa, gymnasium and 9-hole golf course
• Spacious bungalows with private balconies and separate lounge area
• Dedicated fishing village with elevated bungalows on the water’s edge with private balconies, air-conditioning and ensuites, connected by suspended timber walkways
Sailfish, marlin, Spanish mackerel, trevally, mangrove jacks, golden snapper, queenfish are just some of the species in abundance in the region.
5nights/4days – $6200 per person
April – November